CELEBRATE FILM, MUSIC AND THE STATE OF THE ART!
Don't Miss This Amazing Day - SATURDAY, JUNE 1, 2002 with THE SOCIETY OF COMPOSERS & LYRICISTS
- JERRY GOLDSMITH shows clips from his new hit movie "The Sum of All Fears" and discusses writing the exciting score with its celebrated director PHIL ALDEN ROBINSON ("Field of Dreams", "Sneakers").
- ELMER BERNSTEIN presents the first SCL Hall of Fame Awards and, as a special evening event, he will introduce a recently restored print of the classic film "The Great Escape" and discuss the remarkable score he wrote for it.
- MARK ISHAM explores personal methods and approaches to film scoring with his collaborator on "The Majestic", FRANK DARABONT, renowned director of "The Shawshank Redemption", and "The Green Mile".
- ALAN MENKEN ("The Little Mermaid", "The Beauty and the Beast", "Aladdin"), RICHARD SHERMAN ("Mary Poppins", "Bedknobs and Broomsticks", "The Jungle Book") and GLENN SLATER (Menken's new collaborator) discuss songwriting for film.
- BT does a live demonstration of his amazing re-mixing and scoring techniques as used on the films "The Fast and the Furious" and "Laura Croft: Tomb Raider".
And that's just the beginning!
- Legendary Hollywood film editors RALPH E. WINTERS, A.C.E. ("Ben Hur", "Gaslight", "The Thomas Crown Affair"), DONN
CAMBERN, A.C.E. ("Easy Rider", "The Bodyguard", "Romancing the Stone"), ALAN HEIM, A.C.E. ("All That Jazz", "Network",
"American History X") show film clips and tell their film music secrets.
- Experts discuss ethics and business in Hollywood: Composer SHIRLEY WALKER ("Batman", "Escape from L.A.", "The Love
Bug"), Agent SETH KAPLAN, Fox VP JULIA MICHELS.
- Music for television, the state of the art...and the biz with Composers DAVID SCHWARTZ ("Northern Exposure", "Wolf
Lake"), DENIS M. HANNIGAN ("Recess", "Catdog", "Rugrats") and Music Editor KATHERINE DYACK ("The Sopranos").
Join the community of composers, filmmakers and trend setters for this celebration and exploration of The State of the Art 2002! at The Directors Guild of America, Hollywood Saturday, June 1st, 2002
Registration/Check-in & Breakfast 8:00 am
First Panel at 9:00 am, Evening Program at 7:30
Register at: http://www.filmscore.org
The Society of Composers & Lyricists