Rob Simonsen's 'Age of Adaline' to be Released
Lakeshore Records will release the Age of Adaline – Original Motion Picture Score digitally on April 21 and on CD May 19, 2015. The album features the film's original score by Rob Simonsen and the song "Start Again" with Simonsen and Faux Fix, featuring Elena Tonra. A single of the song has already been released by Lakeshore Records.
After miraculously remaining 29 years old for almost eight decades, Adaline Bowman [Blake Lively] has lived a solitary existence, never allowing herself to get close to anyone who might reveal her secret. But a chance encounter with charismatic philanthropist Ellis Jones [Michiel Huisman] reignites her passion for life and romance. When a weekend with his parents [Harrison Ford and Kathy Baker] threatens to uncover the truth, Adaline makes a decision that will change her life forever.
"We all agreed that since the story spans the last hundred years, the orchestra was the appropriate instrument and tone for the score," said Simonsen. "While there are some ambiences and synthesized elements in there, they're meant to add atmosphere for the most part, and not sound manufactured, per se."
The Age of Adaline, a romantic drama, stars Blake Lively, Michiel Huisman, Kathy Baker, with Harrison Ford and Ellen Burstyn and will be released nationwide by Lionsgate on April 24, 2015.
- Jun 2Milan Records to Release 'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' Soundtrack
- Jun 2Weekly Roundup: June 2
- Jun 2WaterTower Music Announces 'Manifest' Soundtrack
- Jun 2Sony Music Announces 'Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse' Score Album
- Jun 1Platoon to Release 'Life by Ella' Soundtrack
- May 26Weekly Roundup: May 26
- May 22Hollywood Records to Release 'Wild Life' Soundtrack
Enter your e-mail address to receive weekly soundtrack and film score news: