Christophe Beck's 'Good Kill' to be Released
Lakeshore Records will release the Good Kill – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack digitally and CD on May 12, 2015. The album features the film's original score by Christophe Beck.
Good Kill is the story of fighter pilot, Major Tommy Egan, who has been flying F16's in Iraq and Afghanistan. He is still flying missions in that part of the world but now he is doing it from the inside of a very different cockpit. He is a drone pilot, fighting the war by remote control from an air-conditioned cubicle 7,000 miles away on a base near Las Vegas. It's about the new schizophrenia of war.
"In approaching the score, I wanted to create a certain sonic ambiguity between the two desert landscapes featured: rural Nevada and Pakistan," explained Beck.
"The lack of clarity and separation between the home and war fronts is key to understanding Tommy's confusion and motivation in the film and seemed like the perfect window through which to share that feeling with the audience musically," Beck described.
Voltage Pictures presents Good Kill in theaters and On Demand May 15, 2015.
- Mar 24Weekly Roundup: March 24
- Mar 24'A Good Person' Score and Compilation Soundtracks Announced
- Mar 17Weekly Roundup: March 17
- Mar 12Volker Bertelmann, M.M. Keeravani & Chandrabose Win Academy Awards
- Mar 10Weekly Roundup: March 10
- Mar 613th Guild of Music Supervisors Awards Winners Announced
- Mar 3Weekly Roundup: March 3
Enter your e-mail address to receive weekly soundtrack and film score news: