Lyle Workman's 'Love' to be Released
Lakeshore Records will release the soundtrack for the Netflix original series Love digitally on February 19, 2016. The album features the film's original score by Lyle Workman.
"At the beginning, Judd left me to my own musical impulses, which initially led me along a modern electronic direction," said Workman. "Other than yielding the main title theme, the sound of the show on the whole was still to be discovered. I had to find a sonic template that would be dynamic and versatile enough to service a broader emotional range. Ultimately, what felt well married to the characters and their environment was a hybrid of early Chicano rock and traditional Mexican folk styles, such as Son Jarocho. I composed using the stringed instruments jarana and requinto, and by adding Latin percussion, accordion, harp, and horns, the blend had a nice effect, also helping root the series to the backdrop of Los Angeles in which it's set."
All 10 episodes of the Netflix original series will launch on February 19, 2016, exclusively on Netflix.
- Mar 24Weekly Roundup: March 24
- Mar 24'A Good Person' Score and Compilation Soundtracks Announced
- Mar 17Weekly Roundup: March 17
- Mar 12Volker Bertelmann, M.M. Keeravani & Chandrabose Win Academy Awards
- Mar 10Weekly Roundup: March 10
- Mar 613th Guild of Music Supervisors Awards Winners Announced
- Mar 3Weekly Roundup: March 3
Enter your e-mail address to receive weekly soundtrack and film score news: