Jeff Beal's Score for the Fourth Season of 'House of Cards' to be Released
Varèse Sarabande will release the House of Cards: Season 4 - Original Netflix Series Soundtrack digitally on April 1 and on CD April 29, 2016. The album features the original music composed by Jeff Beal.
"The story lines of a House of Cards season always inform my musical choices. Season four has a sense of struggle and conflict. The estranged relationship of Frank and Claire Underwood, and a presidential campaign both have an urgency and pace with underscores the mood," Beal stated. "Tracks such as 'Make The Terror,' 'Any Less Hurtful' & 'Obedience' have a percussive underbelly; helped along immensely by performances by drum master Peter Erskine."
Beal concluded, "Beau Willimon and I discussed the idea of getting down the essence of our characters in season fourto distill the music to pure emotive terms. As I listen back to this collection I can't help but think of the ways we tried to strip away any artifice or false notes, any extraneous plot driven gestures. 'Help You Win' is a requiem of almost unbearable sadness and loss, 'Remy Danton' a simple hymn of longing, and 'Perfectly Timed Exit' pure Viennese romance."
The fourth season of House of Cards premiered on Netflix on March 4, 2016.
- Mar 17Weekly Roundup: March 17
- Mar 12Volker Bertelmann, M.M. Keeravani & Chandrabose Win Academy Awards
- Mar 10Weekly Roundup: March 10
- Mar 613th Guild of Music Supervisors Awards Winners Announced
- Mar 3Weekly Roundup: March 3
- Mar 3Hollywood Records Announces 'The Orville: New Horizons' Soundtrack
- Feb 27Milan Records Announces Soundtrack Album for HBO's 'The Last of Us'
Enter your e-mail address to receive weekly soundtrack and film score news: