The third annual Hollywood/Billboard Film & TV Music Conference.
WHO: Hollywood's most influential decision-makers and musical trendsetters. Guest speakers/performers include:
- Brian Grazer, keynote speaker and Academy Award-winning producer "A Beautiful Mind,"
- Mark Mothersbaugh, Devo co-founder, composer "Rugrats" and "The Royal Tenenbaums"
- Jon Brion, musician/songwriter/composer "I Heart Huckabees" and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"
- John Debney, composer "Passion of the Christ" and "Princess Diaries (1 & 2)"
- Garry Marshall, director/producer "Runaway Bride," "Pretty Woman" and "Princess Diaries"
- Alf Clausen, composer, songwriter and conductor "The Simpsons"
- Dave Stewart, Eurythmics co-founder, songwriter/co-composer "Alfie"
- Michael Giacchino, composer "Alias" and "The Incredibles"
- Stewart Copeland, co-founder of The Police, composer "Dead Like Me"
- David Vanacour, co-composer "Survivor"
Special live performances include I heart Huckabees and Passion of The Christ
WHEN: Nov. 16-17, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., followed by cocktail receptions.
WHERE: Renaissance Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles, 1755 N. Highland Ave. For more information and to register, visit www.billboardevents.com or call 646.654.4660. Registration price is $425; early registration is $375. Guild member and student discounts available.
WHY: Held each year by Hollywood Reporter and Billboard, the Film and TV Music Conference examines the crucial and evolving role of music in film and television. The event provides a dynamic forum for the exchange of ideas among the top film/TV and music professionals in the industry.
About The Hollywood Reporter:
Top news-gathering and publishing organization The Hollywood Reporter is a must-read for entertainment's most powerful, influential people. More than 144,000 key decision makers worldwide rely on the publication for fuel for thought that enables success in a continually evolving business and creative environment. The Hollywood Reporter provides comprehensive coverage of the global entertainment industry with six editions: Daily; Weekly International; Special Issues; E-Mail; THR-East; and its Neal Award-winning Web site - www.HollywoodReporter.com.
Now in its 110th year, Billboard is the world's premier music industry publication and a diverse digital, events and brand-licensing platform. Billboard publishes the most trusted charts and offers unrivaled reporting about the latest music, video and digital entertainment issues and trends. Billboard is the flagship property for the Billboard Information Network (BIN), Billboard Directories, Billboard Licensing & Events and Billboard Radio Monitor.
Both The Hollywood Reporter and the Billboard Information Group are units of VNU Business Media, a worldwide media company that provides specialized publications, electronically delivered data, expositions and marketing services and is owned by VNU Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Netherlands-based VNU, an international publishing and information company.
Press contact: Ray Costa - Costa Communications (323) 650-3588