The 87th Academy Awards were held last Sunday and Alexandre Desplat took home his first Oscar. For further details on the event, click here.
Announced this week were new composer assignments for Mark Isham (The Accountant), Alexandre Desplat (Don't Tell Me the Boy Was Mad (Une histoire de fou)), Danny Elfman (Avengers: Age of Ultron), among many others. For the full list of composer and music supervisor assignments from this week, click here.
There were 38 new soundtrack albums released this week. Click here for the full schedule.
Opening nationwide this week are (with music by): Focus (Nick Urata) and The Lazarus Effect (Sarah Schachner).
Among all new theatrical releases, we are tracking song credits for:
- Focus (36 songs)
- The Lazarus Effect (7 songs)
- '71 (9 songs)
- The Hunting Ground (10 songs)
- Maps to the Stars (2 songs)
Finally, the following composers will be celebrating an upcoming birthday:
- Saturday: Charles Bernstein (A Nightmare on Elm Street) will turn 72.
- Tuesday: Lee Holdridge (Moonlighting) will turn 71.
- Wednesday: John Murphy (28 Days Later...) will turn 50.
- Thursday: Michael Gore (Fame) will turn 64.
- Friday: Lucas Vidal (Kidnapping Freddy Heineken) will turn 31.