BMI Continues Support of Sundance Film Music Program
Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI), a global leader in music rights management, is proud to continue its support for the Sundance Institute Film Music Program, which collaborates with Skywalker Sound to host the Sundance Institute Music and Sound Design Labs at Skywalker Sound. Its first 2016 session of the Lab, which begins July 7 at Skywalker Ranch, provides an opportunity for composers and directors to explore the collaborative process of writing music for feature film and is a joint venture of the Institute's Film Music Program and Feature Film Program. The second session of the Lab will focus on composing for documentaries and is a joint venture of the Film Music Program and Documentary Film Program.
BMI is a longtime supporter of the Sundance Institute Film Music Program. As a founding supporter of the Institute's Composers Lab, BMI has played a critical role in the long-term development of the Lab. Through its involvement, BMI has furthered the careers of many film composers from the Labs. BMI builds on its support of the Film Music Program by producing a composer/director roundtable each year at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah, highlighting BMI composers who have scored films in the Festival, as well as their filmmakers.
The Sundance Institute Film Music Program is in its fourth year of collaborating with Skywalker Sound, which focuses on both film composing and sound design.
"BMI has been a proud supporter of the Sundance Institute Film Music Program since its inception," said Doreen Ringer-Ross, BMI Vice President, Film/TV Relations. "The Lab is a unique artist development forum for emerging film composers and filmmakers that has flourished immensely since Skywalker has embraced it."
At the Lab, fellows work with a variety of creative advisors, a distinguished group of film composers, sound designers, filmmakers and film industry professionals. The program aims to give composers firsthand experience working on film music and sound design, and to give directors insight into the process as well.
2016 Sundance Institute Music and Sound Design Lab:
- Sundance Institute Music and Sound Design Lab: Narrative Feature Film (July 7-20) with participating composer fellows: Amritha Vaz, Amie Doherty, Alexis Grapsas, Gus Reyes, Jermaine Stegall and Morgan Kibby.
- Sundance Institute Music and Sound Design Lab: Documentary (July 22-30) with participating composer fellows: Chad Cannon, Jacques Brautbar, Katya Mihailova and Melisa McGregor.
- Creative advisors include composers Christophe Beck, George S. Clinton, Osvaldo Golijov, Harry Gregson-Williams, Laura Karpman, Blake Neely, Craig Richey and Ed Shearmur; Skywalker Sound designers Pascal Garneau, Brandon Proctor, Steve Bissinger, Pete Horner, Kent Sparling, Andre J.H. Zweers, and Malcolm Fife; BMI Vice President Doreen Ringer-Ross; music supervisor Tracy McKnight; music editor Adam Smalley; music producer and music supervisor Evyen Klean; editor Vivien Hillgrove; directors Rob Epstein and Jesse Moss; and music agent Kevin Korn.
For additional information, visit bmi.com/.
- Mar 24Weekly Roundup: March 24
- Mar 24'A Good Person' Score and Compilation Soundtracks Announced
- Mar 17Weekly Roundup: March 17
- Mar 12Volker Bertelmann, M.M. Keeravani & Chandrabose Win Academy Awards
- Mar 10Weekly Roundup: March 10
- Mar 613th Guild of Music Supervisors Awards Winners Announced
- Mar 3Weekly Roundup: March 3
Enter your e-mail address to receive weekly soundtrack and film score news: