The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced the nominations for The 86th Academy Awards yesterday. Click here to read more about the nominations for Best Original Score and Best Original Song.
Soundtrack.Net spoke exclusively with composer Larry Groupe regarding an intensive workshop he is hosting for aspiring composers. Click here for the full story.
Announced this week was the news that Abel Korzeniowski will be scoring Penny Dreadful, Christopher Lennertz will be scoring Horrible Bosses 2, and Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey will be scored by Alan Silvestri. These are three among many other announcements. For the full list of composer and music supervisor assignments click here.
This week 21 new soundtrack albums were released. Click here for the full list of this week's soundtrack releases.
The following films are releasing nationwide today:
- Devil's Due
- Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (music by Patrick Doyle)
- The Nut Job (music by Paul Intson)
- Ride Along (music by Christopher Lennertz)
Click here for the full theatrical schedule.
Among all new theatrical releases, we are tracking song credits for:
- Devil's Due ( songs)
- Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (8 songs)
- The Nut Job (9 songs)
- Ride Along (21 songs)
- Big Bad Wolves (4 songs)
- G.B.F. (24 songs)
- Like Father, Like Son (10 songs)
- Summer in February (3 songs)
Finally, the following composers will be celebrating upcoming birthdays:
- Saturday: Brian Keane (Copper) will turn 60.
- Monday: Pedro Bromfman (RoboCop) will turn 38.
- Thursday: David Arnold (Sherlock, Quantum of Solace) will turn 52.