Alexandre Desplat Wins at 68th Annual BAFTA Awards
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Awards ceremony was held last night at the Royal Opera House in Convent Garden, London. In the category of Original Music, Alexandre Desplat took the prize for his score to The Grand Budapest Hotel. Also nominated in the category were Antonio Sanchez for Birdman, Hans Zimmer for Interstellar, Johann Johannsson for The Theory of Everything, and Mica Levi for Under the Skin.
This was Desplat's seventh nomination for a British Academy Film Award and his second win. His previous victory was for The King's Speech in 2011. He is also nominated for two Academy Awards for his scores to The Grand Budapest Hotel and The Imitation Game. Desplat has yet to win an Oscar.
For further information regarding the BAFTA Awards, including a complete list of nominees and winners in all categories, visit bafta.org.
- May 26Weekly Roundup: May 26
- May 22Hollywood Records to Release 'Wild Life' Soundtrack
- May 19Weekly Roundup: May 19
- May 19'The Little Mermaid' Soundtrack Album Released
- May 12Weekly Roundup: May 12
- May 5Weekly Roundup: May 5
- May 4Sony Music Announces 'Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story' Soundtracks
Enter your e-mail address to receive weekly soundtrack and film score news: