Announced this week were new composer assignments for Max Richter (Hostiles & Guerrilla), Jeff Beal (Shock and Awe), Jonny Greenwood (Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Project), among many others. For the full list of composer and music supervisor assignments from this week, click here.
Over 25 new soundtrack albums were released this week. Click here for the full schedule.
Opening nationwide this week are (with music by): Rings (Matthew Margeson), The Space Between Us (Andrew Lockington) and The Comedian (Terence Blanchard).
Among all new theatrical releases, we are tracking song credits for:
- The Comedian (9 songs)
- Rings (5 songs)
- The Space Between Us (13 songs)
- American Violence (no songs)
- Donald Cried (no songs)
- I Am Not Your Negro (12 songs)
- War on Everyone (16 songs)
- Youth in Oregon (17 songs)
This coming week, the following composers are celebrating their birthdays:
- Don Davis (The Matrix, Jurassic Park III) is turning 60 on Saturday, February 4.
- Cliff Martinez (Drive, Traffic) is turning 63 on Sunday, February 5.
- John Williams (Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark) is turning 85 on Wednesday, February 8.
- Nathan Barr (True Blood, Hostel) is turning 44 on Thursday, February 9.