Announced this week were new composer assignments for Hans Zimmer (Dune), Junkie XL (Terminator: Dark Fate) and Michael Abels (See You Yesterday), among many others. For the full list of composer and music supervisor assignments from this week, click here.
Over 35 soundtrack albums were released this week. Click here for the full schedule.
Opening in theaters nationwide this week is (with music by): Us (Michael Abels). Expanding nationwide from its limited release earlier this month is Gloria Bell (Matthew Herbert)
We are tracking song credits for the following new theatrical releases:
-Us (13 songs)
-Dragged Across Concrete (14 songs)
-Hotel Mumbai (6 songs)
-Maze (0 songs)
The following composers are celebrating their birthdays within the next week:
- Angelo Badalamenti (Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks) is turning 82 today.
- Max Richter (The Leftovers, Mary Queen of Scots) is turning 53 today.
- Michael Nyman (The Piano, Gattaca) is turning 75 tomorrow, March 23.
- Trevor Jones (The Last of the Mohicans, The Dark Crystal) is turning 70 tomorrow.
- Alan Silvestri (Back to the Future, Forrest Gump) is turning 69 on Tuesday, March 26.
- Joel McNeely (A Million Ways to Die in the West, The Orville) is turning 60 on Thursday, March 28.