Announced this week were new composer assignments for Ben Salisbury & Geoff Barrow (Hanna), Will Blair & Brooke Blair (Three Seconds) and Stephen Warbeck (The Thin Man), among many others. For the full list of composer and music supervisor assignments from this week, click here.
Over 50 soundtrack albums were released this week. Click here for the full schedule.
The following composers are celebrating their birthdays within the next week:
- Harold Faltermeyer (Bevery Hills Cop, Top Gun) is turning 66 today.
- Alex Wurman (March of the Penguins, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy) is turning 52 today.
- Gabriel Yared (The English Patient, The Talented Mr. Ripley) is turning 69 on Sunday, October 7.
- Marco Beltrami (Scream, Logan) is turning 52 on Sunday.
- Michael Abels (Get Out) is turning 56 on Monday, October 8.
- Steve Jablonsky (Transformers, Ender's Game) is turning 48 on Tuesday, October 9.
- Michael Giacchino (Up, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) is turning 51 on Wednesday, October 10.