Hildur Gudnadottir took home her first Golden Globe last Sunday for her music to Joker and Elton John & Bernie Taupin received the award for the song 'I'm Gonna Love Me Again' from Rocketman. For the full story, click here.
This week, the nominations for the British Film Academy Awards (BAFTA) were announced. Check out the nominees in the category "Original Music" here.
The nominations for the Guild of Music Supervisors Awards were also announced this week. Check out the nominees here. Congratulations to all the nominees.
Announced this week were new composer assignments for Hans Zimmer (No Time to Die), John Paesano (The Secrets We Keep) and Alexandre Desplat (Pinocchio), among many others. For the full list of composer and music supervisor assignments from this week, click here.
Over 20 new soundtrack albums were released this week. Click here for the full schedule.
Opening in theaters nationwide this week are (with music by): Like a Boss (Christophe Beck) and Underwater (Marco Beltrami & Brandon Roberts). Expanding nationwide from their limited releases last month are 1917 (Thomas Newman) and Just Mercy (Joel P. West).
We are tracking song credits for the following new theatrical releases:
-1917 (1 song)
-Just Mercy (13 songs)
-Like a Boss (22 songs)
-Underwater (2 songs)
-Inherit the Viper (10 songs)
The following composers are celebrating their birthdays within the next week:
- Carlo Siliotto (Instructions Not Included, Miracles from Heaven) is turning 70 today.
- Michael J. Lewis (The Medusa Touch, Theatre of Blood) is turning 81 tomorrow, January 11.
- Bruno Coulais (Coraline, The Crimson Rivers) is turning 66 on Monday, January 13.
- Trevor Rabin (Remember the Titans, Armageddon) is also turning 66 on January 13.
- John Carpenter (Halloween, Assault in Precint 13) is turning 72 on Thursday, January 16.
- Atticus Ross (The Social Network, Gone Girl) is turning 52 on January 16.